(no subject)
Nov. 7th, 2006 04:44 pmOMG! I just picked up my voicemail and a friend had left a message there, and in it she said that there was new CNN breaking news! Britney Spears files for divorce!
Naturally, I was all, "OMG, GASP!" and maybe jumping up and down because I love celebrity gossip. And then my friend's message went on to say something like, "And isn't that a sad commentary on America? That on Election Day, THAT is the top news story?"
And then I felt kind of bad for jumping up and down. But not enough to not post this LJ entry. Anyway, hey, I voted! I pushed down all of the appropriate little levers (for the last time, possibly - I think NYS is going to a more high-tech method next year, and I will miss the little levers).
And now for the important PSA: New Friday Night Lights tonight! I strongly suspect the episode will include Matt Saracen being awesome and/or adorable. I will have to tape because some alternate version of myself volunteered to help the Dems on Election Night. Off I go to headquarters! I am secretly hoping they won't need my help! That's the kind of lazy American I am!
Naturally, I was all, "OMG, GASP!" and maybe jumping up and down because I love celebrity gossip. And then my friend's message went on to say something like, "And isn't that a sad commentary on America? That on Election Day, THAT is the top news story?"
And then I felt kind of bad for jumping up and down. But not enough to not post this LJ entry. Anyway, hey, I voted! I pushed down all of the appropriate little levers (for the last time, possibly - I think NYS is going to a more high-tech method next year, and I will miss the little levers).
And now for the important PSA: New Friday Night Lights tonight! I strongly suspect the episode will include Matt Saracen being awesome and/or adorable. I will have to tape because some alternate version of myself volunteered to help the Dems on Election Night. Off I go to headquarters! I am secretly hoping they won't need my help! That's the kind of lazy American I am!
no subject
Date: 2006-11-07 10:09 pm (UTC)p.s. I noted this in my entry, but I wonder if you have seen the episode description from NBC of the ep airing 11/28?
no subject
Date: 2006-11-08 05:03 am (UTC)MATT/JULIE 4EVA!!!
I sometimes think that someone has been taking notes on what I like in a TV show and used that intel to create Friday Night Lights.
no subject
Date: 2006-11-08 05:21 am (UTC)Also, YES. But now every spoiler for tonight's episode is ashes in my mouth. I hate having a new glowy fandom, it makes my heart hurt when I get deprived.
Unlikely KGW will fuck me over on 11/29, though. So I have something to look forward to.
no subject
Date: 2006-11-08 04:28 am (UTC)It made me sad for a minute, and then I decided I could do nothing but laugh. Therefore: hahaha.
no subject
Date: 2006-11-08 05:08 am (UTC)Also, I keep waiting for the third celeb divorce to drop (first Reese & Ryan, now Brit & K-Fed). Or does that only apply to celebrity deaths?